Lifestyle Vehicle Developments have produced three variations of the Mazda Bongo / Ford Freda conversion. A rear kitchen conversion, a classic layout and a "Day Van" conversion which replaces one of the rear seats (See seperate page)
Built on the used Japanese import chassis of the Mazda Bongo or the Ford Freda, Lifestyle have used the winning St Tropez format to achieve a class leading conversion. Described by MMM magazine as "the cleverest conversion of the marque I've seen to date" (Dec 2005). The conversion is one of the few conversions recognised by DVLA as a "motorhome conversion" and is therefore no need for an SVA test.
Both of the following conversions can be fitted to your Bongo at a cost of £5100, if booked in we can normally turn one around in a week. Collection and delivery can be arranged.
We can also offer part conversion or our lift out day conversion (please see seperate page) We sell Bongo's as well, and if we don't have what you want in stock we can usually source it very quickly.
Rear kitchen Conversion
Using the durable GRP construction techniques of the St Tropez the Bongo Camper features the following:
- 2 burner hob
- Waeco 50ltr Compressor fridge
- Hanging Wardrobe
- 4 berths
- 4 belted seats
- Outdoor use of Kitchen and shower
The fully serviced base vehicle features:
- 2.5 litre Turbo Diesel
- Automatic transmission
- 2 or 4 wheel drive
- Air conditioning
- Electric Windows
- Window blinds
- Electric elevating camper roof
The following picture shows our "CLASSIC SIDE LAYOUT" which incorporates all that the rear conversion has but in a different layout similar to a VW camper.
The kitchen units run along side the vehicle and has the following points;
- True four berth
- 42 litre Compressor fridge with freezer compartment
- 2nd battery
- two burner hob and sink (Glass top)
- Power management system including 12volt (2nd batt) and 240v (hook up)
- 20 litre water tank
- 6ft level bed made up in around 15 seconds!
- four forward facing seats all with three point seat belts
- Water proof and clean easy laminate floor
- high level roof bed
- Various storage solutions including one for a Porta loo
- Available in wood finish or two different shades of grey
- Includes re-upholstered cab seats (same material as bed)
- Six seater version available
Below - Six seater option for side layout. Created by shorting the existing three seater Mazda seat, re fabricating, moving one set of runners and re-upholstering (front seats re-upholstered in the same fabric) (three rows of 2)
HIGH LEVEL CHILDS BED - We have a solution for the problem of leaving your kids in the roof bed whilst not being able to see them and they in turn feeling trapped. We can fit a slide out board which sits within the roof in the space over the driver and passenger and can be pulled out which gives you 3/4 of the original length whilst leaving the end open for access and heat share. Pictures to follow